After having breakfast in the early morning, the car will come to pick you up and leave the Yangon for the Bago with many historical sites. On the way of Bago, the Allied War Memorial Cemetery can be seen which has a beautifully landscaped ground is a place of quiet reflection where relatives of the soldiers from all over the world come to pay homage to their loved ones and some local come to visit for its beautiful landscape. The Allied War Memorial Cemetery in Taukkyan commemorates over 30,000 British Commonwealth soldiers who died in Burma during World War II. There are 6,374 beautifully well-kept graves in all (along with 52 graves of WW I soldiers). A further 27,000 names of fallen soldiers with no known graves are engraved on the Rangoon Memorial, an imposing and somber memorial pillar.
Bago is a town visited by tourists located about 90 kilometers North East of Yangon. The town has a long and rich history. It is believed to have been founded by the Mon people in the 6th century during which days the city was known as Pegu. Bago was the capital of the Mon Kingdom Hanthawaddy until halfway the 16th century, after which it became the capital of the Taungoo Kingdom until 1599.When the Mon revolted against the Burmese in 1757, the city was completely destroyed by the armies of King Alaungpaya of the Konbaung dynasty. The city was rebuilt but did not regain its power. As it was once a capital for a historical kingdom, your day will be wandered with these:
After enjoying the beautiful sceneries and interesting trips, you will be transported back to your hotel for a nice rest.
– Travel insurance (We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance covering medical evacuation prior to your trip)
– Please note there can be additional hotel surcharges and some extra compulsory services for reservations made in special times New Year, Christmas, etc. Any changes to the itinerary and/or number of participant are subject to a price fluctuation.
– Should dates and/or itinerary be modified, prices will be subject to revision.
– Usually hotel rooms are available from 14:00 onwards on the arrival date and until 12:00 on the departure date. Depending on the hotel’s policy, a supplement will be added for early check-in or late check-out.
– The cost of the flight tickets are subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
– The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once bookings are confirmed Marco Travel will provide guests with further information, including prices flight timings. This information could be subject to change depending on airline schedules. Marco Travel reserves the right to make amendments at any time to your travel program and itinerary due to unexpected natural events or airline schedule changes. In such exceptional cases, prospective guests are thanked in advance for their understanding.
– After receiving your acceptance of tour price and confirmation with the 30% deposit as per payment procedure,we will immediately make necessary arrangements which normally take about 3-business working days. Then, we will send to you confirmation by e-mail with your booking status.
– Require to settle a 30% non-refundable deposit in order to guarantee your reservation. 70% will be paid when arriving in Myanmar before the tour.
– Prices quoted are net basis and valid according to the date specified on the printed tariffs , warrants that the prices or rates quoted are correct according to the current Rate .
– Hotel cancellation shall have to make 5 weeks before of arrival date and less will subject.
– If cancellation is given after a deposit for booking secure has been made, no refund would be provided. Our cancellation policy is as follows;
5 weeks prior to arrival 50 %
2 weeks prior to arrival 75 %
Less than 2 weeks and no show 100 %
Services not utilized after the commencement of the tour, no refund would be given.