Yangon (Rangoon) is the former capital of Myanmar. Compared with other Asian cities of similar size, it gives the impression of being green and full of trees, above which shimmering pagodas seem to float. The centre of Yangon still retains many impressive old buildings from the British colonial period.
Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, you will be warmly welcome by a trusted guide and accompanied to:
An ancient, over 2700 years old, golden stupa is one of the land marks of Yangon. It is not only famous for its elegance and beauty but also well-known for one of the Myanmar heritage as in architecture, sculptures and arts. Shwedagon is a sacred religious site for the Buddhist people in Union of Myanmar.
After the elegance and peaceful Shwedagon Pagoda, we will bring you to the Koe Kant Koufu Restaurant at Myamar Cultural Valley for your dinner. Then, we will take you to the hotel so that you can relax your long day with peace in mind.
In the morning, the car will pick you at the hotel to go to Kaba_Aye Pagoda after the breakfast.
The Kaba_Aye Pagoda or “World peace pagoda” is a relatively recent pagoda in Yangon. The pagoda and the adjoining Maha Pasana Guha cave were built in 1952 by U Nu, the prime minister of Burma to host the 6th Buddhist council which ended in 1956, 2,500 years after the Buddha’s passing into final Nirvana. The Chattha Sangayana Mahapasana Sima Guha (Jake Man-made Cave) is also within the parameter of Kaba_Aye Pagoda.
Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda (Reclining Pagoda)
The very impressive 65 meters long and 16 meters high Chauk Htat Gyi Buddha image is wearing a golden robe; the right arm of the Buddha is supporting the back of the head. The Reclining Buddha image is decorated with very expressive colors, white face, red lips, blue eye shadow, golden robe and red finger nails. The soles of the feet contain 108 segments in red and gold colors that show images representing the 108 lakshanas or auspicious characteristics of the Buddha.
Bo_Bo_Gyi (Botahtaung Pagoda)
Then you will be visiting to Bo_Bo_Gyi at Botahtaung Pagoda which is on the river bank, one of highlights in Yangon. According to the records, it was built by two merchants who took back 8 hairs bestowed by Lord Buddha when they were trading to India at the Buddha life time. “Bo” means “Leader” and “Tahtaung ” means “Thousand” in Burmese where Botahtaung stands Thousand Military Leader who carried the Buddha Hair Relic and “Bo_Bo_Gyi” means “Great Grand Father”. Botahtaung Bo Bo Gyi Nat & Ah Ma Daw Nat shrines are also nice to explore how locals believe Nat for their daily life.
After Visiting Bo_Bo_Gyi, we will take you to Hot Pot City (Sha Bu – Buffet) at Ahlone for lunch. After that, we will transport you to Scott Market (Bo_Gyoke_Market) for shopping. The dinner will be served at The Classic Restaurant. Then, you will be sent back to hotel for the 2nd Night at Yangon.
(D-3) On the Way Back to Motherland
Breakfast will be had at the hotel and we will transfer you to Yangon International Airport for your departure flight to your home.
– Travel insurance (We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance covering medical evacuation prior to your trip)
– Please note there can be additional hotel surcharges and some extra compulsory services for reservations made in special times New Year, Christmas, etc. Any changes to the itinerary and/or number of participant are subject to a price fluctuation.
– Should dates and/or itinerary be modified, prices will be subject to revision.
– Usually hotel rooms are available from 14:00 onwards on the arrival date and until 12:00 on the departure date. Depending on the hotel’s policy, a supplement will be added for early check-in or late check-out.
– The cost of the flight tickets are subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
– The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once bookings are confirmed Marco Travel will provide guests with further information, including prices flight timings. This information could be subject to change depending on airline schedules. Marco Travel reserves the right to make amendments at any time to your travel program and itinerary due to unexpected natural events or airline schedule changes. In such exceptional cases, prospective guests are thanked in advance for their understanding.
– After receiving your acceptance of tour price and confirmation with the 30% deposit as per payment procedure,we will immediately make necessary arrangements which normally take about 3-business working days. Then, we will send to you confirmation by e-mail with your booking status.
– Require to settle a 30% non-refundable deposit in order to guarantee your reservation. 70% will be paid when arriving in Myanmar before the tour.
– Prices quoted are net basis and valid according to the date specified on the printed tariffs , warrants that the prices or rates quoted are correct according to the current Rate .
– Hotel cancellation shall have to make 5 weeks before of arrival date and less will subject.
Booking Cancelation Policy
– If cancellation is given after a deposit for booking secure has been made, no refund would be provided. Our cancellation policy is as follows;
5 weeks prior to arrival 50 %
2 weeks prior to arrival 75 %
Less than 2 weeks and no show 100 %
Services not utilized after the commencement of the tour, no refund would be given.